linked-in twitter facebook rss

Archive for the ‘Buy Art’ Category

Eric Levin’s “Vehicular” Curated by Kristin J. DeAngelis at Silverman and the Majestic Theatre Condominium Association

Thursday, September 5th, 2019

SILVERMAN and The Majestic Theatre Condominium Association presents Eric Levin’s “Vehicular”. This is curated by Kristin J. DeAngelis Director of 107 Bowers Gallery & Art Space.  The exhibit closes October 26th.

“Eric’s photos intrigued me because I felt I was peering into his world during his moment of solitude. And often catching unexpected humor,” says curator Kristin J. DeAngelis. “These are the moments I am highlighting in his exhibition.”

Eric Levin started taking pictures in college, partly because he was writing for the college paper, the BU News, which had a recent history of publishing dynamic photojournalism. He became fascinated with the medium and its modern masters—Henri Cartier-Bresson, Walker Evans, Robert Frank, Lee Friedlander and others. Levin graduated college in 1971, just as the art world was being forced, by artists like William Eggleston, to take color photography seriously. He had always loved color, in everything. The psychological qualities of color—ebullient, lewd, somber—grabbed him as a young photographer and never let go. The ordinary world, everyday objects, things that others would consider inanimate, don’t seem inanimate to him. “I never set out to shoot vehicles per se, or any other subject,” Levin says. “I am always on the lookout for the unexpected in the ordinary. If I have a fixation with vehicles, it is, I suppose, with the idea that they represent purpose, mobility and a certain kind of strength and durability, which nonetheless is as vulnerable as anything else in the world.”

Joshua Goode’s ‘Rhoman Ruins’ opening at Ivy Brown Gallery

Sunday, September 1st, 2019

Ivy Brown Gallery invites you to explore the mystery and intrigue behind Joshua Goode’s ‘Rhoman Ruins’ opening Tuesday, September 10, 6-8pm.

Few know that the origins of the Bermuda Triangle myth began in New York City on a triangular piece of land that eventually became the foundation of the Triangle Building in the Meatpacking District.

Mystery and intrigue has long surrounded the Triangle Building, but the truly fantastical stories pre-date the building by thousands of years to the time of the ancient Aurora-Rhomans. Joshua Goode is currently excavating the ruins of a pre-historic zoo deep below the foundations of the Triangle Building that held creatures believed to live solely in the imagination. Majestic bronze sculptures of these mythical creatures and ornate altarpieces were left as prayer offerings which also included ritual human sacrifice.  (more…)

Architectural Endeavours: an interview with Jacquelyn Jubert, Co-Founder of Anise Gallery

Friday, August 23rd, 2019

Jacquelyn Jubert co-founded Anise Gallery with her partner Joseph Robson in 2012. Drawing on Jacquelyn’s passion for architecture and experience working with renowned architect Piers Gough, Anise Gallery is deeply dedicated to promoting the relationship between art, architecture, and technology. Through participating in annual high profile architectural events such as the London Festival of Architecture and Open House London and curating its own Summer Graduate Show, Anise Gallery has firmly cemented itself as a stronghold for the thought-provoking field of architectural art. www.anise.gallery

The gallery stages an ongoing program of exhibitions, events and talks and contributes to the Architecture in Schools program. 

Services offered include art sales, venue hire and Virtual Reality (VR) services. 

Stephanie Yeap spoke with Jacquelyn at the Royal Society of Arts (RSA) in London…

1. Describe your business in 5 words

Firstly, I’d definitely say architectural. Secondly, we’re quite forward-thinking and act upon good ideas quickly, so in that way we’re nimble. Next, we’re always open to new opportunities, which is a fun way to work. Last yet not least, thinking about a recent exhibition about gaming which was aimed at children, we’re light-hearted.  (more…)

Priority Mail: Our 2019 Mail Art Biennial @ Ground Floor Gallery

Thursday, August 15th, 2019

Ground Floor Gallery is thrilled to officially announce the return of one of their most popular summer shows, “Priority Mail: Our 2019 Mail Art Biennial”: a sweeping survey of small, original artworks mailed to them by contemporary artists from across the globe. “Priority Mail” is a grand and inclusive gesture for their intimate gallery space in Park Slope, Brooklyn. In the spirit of inclusion and accessibility, all artworks will be priced at $125 and 10% of profits from the exhibition will be donated to the Committee to Protect Journalists in their tireless efforts to defend freedom of the press worldwide. 

Artist Bethanie Irons. Based in Missouri.

AWAD visits Brave New Visions @ Sotheby’s

Thursday, August 8th, 2019

AWAD London chapter is delighted to have had a wonderful private tour of ‘Brave New Visions’ by the exhibition Co-Curator Cherith Summers.

Brave New Visions paying tribute to the émigrés who revolutionised Britain’s art and publishing worlds. Brave New Visions tells the story of the pioneering émigré art dealers who transformed the London gallery scene, introducing artists such as Naum Gabo, Oskar Kokoschka, Kurt Schwitters and Francis Bacon to post-war Britain.

(more…)

Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy | © Association of Women Art Dealers 2012

Web Design London by Top Left Design